All about our family, especially the antics of our little girls

Sunday, May 27, 2012

What She Really Needed

A big part of my job is working with kids who have attachment problems and miscue their needs to their parents.  In other words, they need to connect with their parents, but such closeness is painful because of their traumas and losses so they push their parents away.  We call this a miscue.  Fortunately, Erica has no such problems communicating what she really wants.  As an example, I present this little conversation on the way home from church.

Erica: I think I'm loosing my voice. (some slight coughs)
Daddy:  Maybe you should take a nap this afternoon instead of just resting if you are getting tired.
Erica: Just say it's going to be ok. (Sounding like she was rolling her eyes.)
Daddy: It's gonna be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment