All about our family, especially the antics of our little girls

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Two Funny Girls

If you read this, you know that we have two funny little girls.  Today I posted the following status on Facebook after an interesting exchange with Mary Lane:

Mary Lane playing cars: "Wee! Weeeee!" So I join in, "Wee! Weeee!"

Mary Lane stops and says, very seriously, "Please don't say 'Wee.'"

I got 28 "likes."  

What I didn't tell everyone is that I gave Mary Lane the benefit of the doubt.  I thought, "Certainly she didn't just tell me not to say "Weee!"  So I sidled back up to her game and said, "Weee!"

Nope, I wasn't mistaken.  She said again, just as dryly, "Please don't say 'Weee.'"


CUTE GIRL STORY #2 for today:

Erica tries very hard most days to stay quiet during her rest hour.  If she stays quiet and doesn't come yelling down the stairs with questions and requests, she can have a piece of gum when she gets up at 3:00.

Today I went upstairs around 2:55 to straighten up the playroom across the hall from where Erica was resting.  I tend to sneeze pretty loudly, and as soon as I did, Erica came peeking out of the room to say, "Bless you!"  I thanked her and kept working.  She came back out with a sheepish grin and asked, completely seriously and humbly,

"I think even though I said 'Bless you' I still get gum."  I started to giggle and assure her she could have her gum.  She started to walk back in the room and she explained further, "OK, because I just heard it on the thermometer."  I laughed out loud knowing she was referring to the baby monitor that was near where she was resting.

LOVE THESE CRAZY HILARIOUS SMARTY PANTS GIRLS!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment